The Backpack Program serves one of our most vulnerable and precious populations—children.
- 27% of members of households using an agency of the Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas are children under the age of 18
- One in FOUR children are at risk for hunger in Arkansas
- 25,640 CHILDREN face food insecurity in the Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas’s 12-county service area.
How the Backpack Program works:
- The Backpack Program provides food for hungry children on the weekends when other resources are not available. Each week of the school year, the Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas distributes over 1,100 packs of child-friendly, non-perishable food for kids to eat over the weekend when school breakfast and lunch is not available.
- $150 provides a Backpack of food for a child for an entire school year. This program is funded by generous community sponsors in addition to grants from foundations and the United Way of Northeast Arkansas.
If you would like more information about the Backpack program, please call Abby Thomas at 870-932-3663 or email her at email@example.com.