About Hunger Action Month
Hunger impacts people in every corner of the country, including 71,800 of our neighbors in Northeast Arkansas. Lines at food distributions continue to grow because of COVID-19 and rising unemployment. Feeding America estimates an additional 17 million people could face food insecurity in 2020. That means the number of food insecure people in the U.S. could reach up to 54 million people.
For the month of September, the Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas and Feeding America® food banks across the nation are taking part in Hunger Action Month. We hope to inspire people to take action and bring attention to the reality of food insecurity in America.
Actions YOU Can Take to Fight Hunger
- Sign up to receive our newsletter, Feeding the Hungry, and stay up to date an everything we’re doing! Read the latest edition of our newsletter here.
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser for the Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas.
- Buy a Food Bank “Food is Love” t-shirt!
- Become a member of the MMM Club (Monthly Mealmakers Club) by committing to a monthly donation to the Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas.
Opportunities To Give
Walmart & Sam’s Club Round-Up Campaign
Your spare change can help provide meals for local children and families in need right here in Northeast Arkansas. Walmart and Sam’s Club customers and members can round up their purchases to the nearest dollar in stores, clubs and online at Walmart.com and the Walmart app. Your donation stays local and directly benefits the Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas!
You can support the Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas every time you shop on Amazon! Activate AmazonSmile and 0.5% of eligible purchases will be donated to the Food Bank. To activate AmazonSmile, click here.
To activate AmazonSmile on your mobile device:
- Download the latest version of the Amazon app
- Log in to your account
- In the lower right corner of the app, click the menu button. It looks like this: ☰
- Click “Settings” and select “AmazonSmile”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete set up
Casey’s General Store #HereForGood Child Hunger Campaign
Between September 8 and September 20, Casey’s customers can round up their purchase to the nearest dollar amount of their choosing with proceeds benefiting the Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas and Feeding America. In addition, Casey’s will donate $1.00 from every purchase of Coca-Cola four-pack, priced at $5.00, to benefit Feeding America.
While we didn’t get to have our usual Letter Carrier’s Food Drive, the NALC is still doing their part to fight hunger. This year, they are doing a Donor Drive to benefit food banks across the nation. Click here to give to this campaign.